Missie's Reviews > Friday Night Bites

Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

Jan 04, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: shifters-werewolves, vampires

I liked the plot much better in this book. It held more mystery and solidity than book one, given that the way vampires were introduced and "accepted" (or at least acknowledged as being that exist) happened way too quickly, IMO.

But, for some reason, I'm just not connecting with Merit. But I do feel for her plight. She has her new vampire family telling her she's not being vampire enough, then she has her old friends telling her that she has too much vampire in her and she's losing sight of her humanity. Then she has everyone expecting her to not only offer them protection, but to also be at their beck n call.

That's a lot of serious shit to take!

Still, for all that I complain about Merit and her cocky attitude, Neill's writing is familiar, comforting and highly addictive.

Thus far, I think I would have enjoyed the series much better if the back and forth between Ethan and Merit weren't part of the story. I've always been of the camp that you either give it all you got or you give nothing at all. So, the Will they? or Won't they? teasing doesn't work for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friday Night Bites.

January 4, 2012 – Started Reading
January 4, 2012 – Shelved
January 7, 2012 –
0.0% "*shakes fist* Merit!!! Why can't I like you?"
January 7, 2012 – Shelved as: shifters-werewolves