Melissa's Reviews > Things You Save in a Fire

Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center

After How to Walk Away became one of my 2018 favorites, I was eagerly anticipating the chance to read this novel. Katherine Center is now two for two, as Things You Save in a Fire is one of my 2019 favorites.

The story was excellent the entire way through. I loved the humorous aspects, as well as the sentimental parts. There was a strong level of development for Cassie throughout the story. I enjoyed learning about the firefighting process and loved the camaraderie at the station, with all the nicknames, hazing, etc. There was even a quick mention of a scene at the beginning of How to Walk Away. The interactions and dialogue between characters felt so genuine. Everyone and everything was easy to visualize without being overwhelmed by descriptive details. I couldn't get enough of this novel and didn't want it to end.

I highly recommend picking up Things You Save in a Fire when it publishes later this summer. I just hope you will allow me to enjoy it again vicariously through you!

Movie casting suggestions:
Cassie: Christa B. Allen
Owen: Patrick Schwarzenegger
Diana: Jeanne Tripplehorn
Josie: Alexis Floyd
DeStasio: Donnie Wahlberg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things You Save in a Fire.

October 16, 2018 – Shelved
October 16, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
April 15, 2019 – Started Reading
April 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Lloyd (new) - added it

Lloyd Russell Thanks for the rec. I will be sure to get it as soon as it comes out.

Liza Wiemer Absolutely loved this. On my list to review!

Melissa Liza wrote: "Absolutely loved this. On my list to review!"

Yay!

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "Thanks for the rec. I will be sure to get it as soon as it comes out."

You will love it!