RentasticReads's Reviews > Work in Progress

Work in Progress by Staci Hart

bookshelves: fake-relationship, marriage-of-convenience, romcom

Damn, Staci Hart’s Red Lipstick Coalition series just keeps getting better and better! Work in Progress definitely made me fall further and deeper in love with this unique band of friends and their slowly (but surely) rising level of strength and bravery, but it also drove me ridiculously wild over Tommy and Melia. I couldn’t get enough. I wanted to devour and take everything in all at once, but their riveting story is one that needed to be relished. One that made you want to slow down, take your time, and have every moment sink into your soul. I just never wanted it to end.

He was my own personal magic feather, and I held on with all the faith and hope that I could fly if I believed hard enough.

Thomas Bane is an irresistibly charming, soul-searing, panty-melting, built-like-a-Greek-god bestselling author after every book lover’s heart. He might’ve had a bad boy, troublemaker reputation with the media and everyone else, but behind that carefully curated facade was truly a man with a tenderness and devotion unlike any other. The way he loved and protected those who matter the most to him brought me to my knees and knocked me on my ass. Tommy was just so breathtakingly dreamy and swoony that he slayed me more and more with every page I turned. And honestly, it truly felt like a privilege to get to know him and break down those walls.

The treasure of her body, the gift of her self, was one that I would forever hold sacred.

Amelia Hall is an extremely shy and modest book blogger who’d rather hole up in her room, buried in stacks upon stacks of books than to brave the world outside. I loved how delicate and timid she was. How her innocence made her so pure and sweet. How she was just the perfect softness to Tommy’s every rough edge, and balanced him out in every way possible. She might even look small and fragile, but Amelia’s love and compassion were as immense as they were mighty. She’s absolutely awe-inspiring through and through, and she makes me want to strive to have a heart of gold just like hers.

“How in the world did you choose me, Tommy?”
“There was no choice to be made. I knew the second the universe put you in my path that you would change everything, and you have. Ignoring that gift would have been a grave mistake, one I don’t think I could have made if I’d tried.”

Their marriage might’ve been abrupt and planned, created as a front to help save and clean up Tommy’s image and boost Amelia’s career, but with the kind of chemistry they had that sizzled and bloomed instantaneously, falling in love was just inevitable. With the depth and level of understanding that developed between them, no matter how different they were from the other, it really was only a matter of time before feelings got involved. And when you witness the kind of fireworks these two have when they’re together, swooning and fluttering feels deep in your gut are a hundred percent guaranteed.

“I will rewrite the stars. I will shake the heavens and mark them with your name. Because without you, I am lost.”

An utterly striking, funny yet heart-melting and vastly relatable tale of loyalty and trust, forgiveness and hope, friendship and family, and passion and love, Work in Progress will undoubtedly leave you floating through cloud nine, engulfed with all the feels and sporting a wide, goofy grin on your face.

P.S. Thomas Bane’s fine ass (and erotic elbow) is MINE. I’m calling dibs. Kthxbye.

Follow me on: InstagramFacebookTwitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Work in Progress.

October 15, 2018 – Shelved