Genelle Themann's Reviews > The Secrets of Hawthorne House

The Secrets of Hawthorne House by Donald Firesmith

U 50x66

For Matt Mitchell, life had thrown him lemons and turned those lemons even more sour. He had lost his mother in a horrific accident and then his dad decided to uproot the family from his home in Oregon to Hawthorn, Indiana...a "nowheresville" sleepy town. Here was Matt, with no friends, just getting ready to start his first day in High School. As seems to be the norm in schools everywhere, Matt was excluded and tormented for no greater reason than being the new kid. The stories about the "crazy" next door neighbor and the killings in her house are almost more than Matt can handle. That is until he starts to help the neighbor with yardwork. When the neighbor's niece and kids move in, Matt meets others who are outsiders and he finally makes some friends. Only thing is, the kids are definitely different.

I received an ARC of this ebook. It was such a great story that I wanted to review it, And I hope that the author continues the saga.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secrets of Hawthorne House.

Finished Reading