Sheyla ✎'s Reviews > Every Breath

Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks

bookshelves: 2018, best-2018, bittersweet, heartbreak, netgalley, publisher, romance

“The destiny that matters most in anyone’s life is the one concerning love.”

Every Breath is a tear jerker. You have been warned!

For the longest time, I resisted reading Nicholas Sparks novels. I had seen the movies like A Walk to Remember, Message in a Bottle, Dear John and The Notebook. So I knew his main characters either didn't stay together or one of them died. As a true romantic, this really hurt my heart. Then, I read The Longest Ride, See Me, and Two by Two and I became a fan of his storytelling.

Every Breath took me on a journey full of destiny, hope, heartbreak and true love.

Tru Walls is going to America for the first time. His biological father has sent him a letter and in it, he has asked Tru to meet him. The meeting will take place in North Carolina, in Sunset Beach. In Africa, Tru is a guide in Zimbabwe. Since early in his life, he has spent time in the bush. He was once married but currently divorced. He has one son he adores and he gets along with his ex-wife Kim.

Hope Anderson has many things to think about. Her boyfriend of six years, an orthopedic surgeon is currently in Las Vegas. Over the years, he had a problem with faithfulness and they are currently on a break. Hope decides to go to his family beach home in Sunset Beach for the last time. The beach house is going on sale to save money to pay for his father's care who has recently being diagnosed with ALS. Hope will stay there and will attend the wedding of her best friend over the weekend. She's concerned and has no idea how to explain her boyfriend's absence.

A chance encounter due to Hope's dog will begin a true love affair between these two souls. Hope will show Tru the magic of a place called the Kindred Spirit, and it will connect them forever.

After reading, Every Breath, I'm dying to go to Sunset Beach and Kindred Spirit. Whoever decided to start it, had a great idea in the making.

I can't end my review without thanking Grand Central Publishing, NetGalley and Nicholas Sparks for my copy of Every Breath. The cover alone is gorgeous.

4/5 Fangs

MrsLeif's Two Fangs About It | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Breath.

October 15, 2018 – Started Reading
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: heartbreak
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: publisher
November 5, 2018 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

❤️ Paulette ""Happy Reading & I hope you enjoy L💕ve 💙

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: """Happy Reading & I hope you enjoy L💕ve 💙"
Thank you, Paulette. I just hope he doesn't kill the main character.

❤️ Paulette If he does, He'll still make things interesting either way

Sheyla ✎ ❤️ Paulette wrote: "If he does, He'll still make things interesting either way"
That's true.

Lindsay - Traveling Sister Beautiful review Sheyla!! Sounds great! 💜🌸

Sheyla ✎ Lindsay - Traveling Sister wrote: "Beautiful review Sheyla!! Sounds great! 💜🌸"
Thank you, Lindsay!

Shawn McDowell This was a good book . I gave it five stars..

Sheyla ✎ Shawn wrote: "This was a good book . I gave it five stars.."
Glad you liked it too, Shawn.

Norma * Traveling Sister Wonderful review, Sheyla! I think I should read this one!

Sheyla ✎ Norma * Traveling Sister wrote: "Wonderful review, Sheyla! I think I should read this one!"
Thank you. I think you should too :)

Melissa Great review, Sheyla! I hope to make it to Sunset beach someday myself. 😊💜

Sheyla ✎ Melissa wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I hope to make it to Sunset beach someday myself. 😊💜"

Melissa Sheyla ✎ wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Great review, Sheyla! I hope to make it to Sunset beach someday myself. 😊💜"
Thanks, Melissa. Let me know when you are going. We should do a trip together again."

That would be fun! 😊🧡 Maybe we can find a signing nearby.