Eva Inzu's Reviews > Mike's Place: A True Story of Love, Blues, and Terror in Tel Aviv

Mike's Place by Jack Baxter

4471998

I like this.. I did see something different in middle east, I even want to go there! I mean to Mike's Place.. I also follow an American Jew mural artist in Instagram, he currently (live) in Israel (which town, I don't remember), but his works also made me want to go there. I think it is a good idea to make this graphic novel. For me (who don't like read about war), making me want to read more about (specially) conflict in Israel. I've already had few books about it in my collection, I think it’s time to read it.

I intend to watch the film, Blues by the Beach, to get to know more about all of the character here. It should be in youtube😁

About the graphic novel itself, I just like it, enjoy reading it. How the story flow is so easy to follow, the people's character is very welcome.. They are indeed looks shallow, but you can see when people who still capable helping each other (passionately) when the bombing went off. I mean if I take the situation there as my point of view, the people character suits it.. Like.. live like usual but knowing (quitely) anything can happen, just live the moment.. The art is okay, but I have difficulty in distinguish some characters.. Haha..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mike's Place.

Started Reading