Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers's Reviews > Who We Were

Who We Were by Melissa  Collins

20126898

Who We Were is Melissa Collin’s next emotionally charged MM romance. I am going to make this short so I don’t spoil anything. It’s a rollercoaster of a ride that you need to experience on your own.

Ryan and Quinn met when they were only thirteen years old. The teen years were complex especially their senior year when they become close. Until one night that changed everything. Now, twelve years later they are back in the same town. The same room. They are grown men who never forgot each other. Not even for one day. But, the damage was done all those years ago. Can they heal their wounds and fall for the men they are today and let go who they were?

I loved this story! It’s frustrating as fuck at times but that made me want to turn the pages even more. Ryan and Quinn are so lovable even when they don’t believe it. Don’t get me wrong, I want to slap some sense into them but at the same time I wanted to hug them.

Overall...it’s a story full of heart, sexiness, hurt, and love. It gave me all the feels.

Quotes:

It was impossible to be yourself when you didn’t even know who that person was.

“Okay, fine. So is he? You know, gay?” she whispered as if the volume of her question affected it somehow. Shrugging, I said, “I don’t know. I’m still on the trial version of my gaydar.”

“What do you need?” I asked, wanting to give him whatever it is that he came here seeking.
“You. Just you.”
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who We Were.

October 15, 2018 – Started Reading