Wendy's Reviews > Who We Were

Who We Were by Melissa  Collins

4.5 ggj

I have read some of this author's work, "Let love Live" was a really great read for me...but this book far surpassed that one...at least for me ;) I laughed, I cried, I drooled a bit...it was awesome ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=awesome gif

Now I can hear you say....well Wendy, if it was so great, why not 5 full stars ?? Well, that's because even though it was wonderful, it wasn't perfect ...the best things never are though ;)

Ryan and Quinn meet for the first time in high school, when they are about 13 years old and Ryan is about to be beat up by his (twin)brother. If you look up the name Patrick in the dictionairy you will find "most hated (book)character by Wendy" next to it ;)

Quinn steps up to protect Ryan, but to say Ryan was happy about this...no not really. So he pretty much ignores Quinn for the next 5 years...well Quinn and everyone else, since Ryan is quite the "loner".

It isn't until they take a wood working class together, when they are 17, that they become friends...friends who want to touch that is ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=friends who touch gif

These two were so cute and great together, but Ryan...he has so many issues and his family plays a major part in this.... My heart broke for him. Quinn wanted to help him, and be by his side...But Quinn doesn't know everything that has been going on, and Ryan ...he doesn't want him to...

Now I wanted to be angry at Ryan for his flighty behavior and his lack of communication, but I just couldn't... Because he has his reasons to be how he is...and in the end he is the bigger man... I would not have been able to do that !!

I really don't want to spoiler this story too much. I think just jumping in and reading it will be most satisfying...it was for me. So I am gonna stop myself right now, but I do want to recommend this one to everytone. I think it was the perfect book for me at this time....

I am definitely gonna keep my eye on this author ;)

coollogo_com-304632246coollogo_com-9102879

My reviews are posted on DirtyBooksObsession

dbo vid

Follow Us on➦wr frtwrtrrinr

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who We Were.

October 15, 2018 – Started Reading
October 16, 2018 – Shelved as: wtf
October 16, 2018 – Shelved as: made-my-eyes-leak
October 16, 2018 – Shelved as: high-school-sweethearts
October 16, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)

R * A Reader Obsessed * Enticing review! I see what you're doing ;)

message 2: by Diana (new) - added it

Diana Fab review, sweets.

message 3: by Vanna (new)

Vanna Lovely review Wendy!

Wendy R * A Reader Obsessed * wrote: "Enticing review! I see what you're doing ;)"

Thanks R !! I really loved this one ;) xoxo

Wendy Diana wrote: "Fab review, sweets."

Thanks lovely ;) xoxo

Wendy Vanna wrote: "Lovely review Wendy!"

Thanks so much dear Vanna ;) xoxo

Wendy Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞ wrote: "wonderful review Wendy!"

Thanks sweetie ;) xoxo

Nikki ღ Navareus Wonderful review, Sweets! :) xx

Wendy Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Wonderful review, Sweets! :) xx"

Thanks you sweetheart <3 xoxo

Stacy Oh, God... I totally cried with Let Love Live.. And... This is on my list to read soon too. I equally, Can't wait to read it, While biting my nails not wanting to read it.. LOL.

Bookreader87(Amanda) Great review. I really liked Let Love Live. I may give this one a shot.

message 13: by Judith (new)

Judith Terrific review,sweetheart x

Wendy Stacy wrote: "Oh, God... I totally cried with Let Love Live.. And... This is on my list to read soon too. I equally, Can't wait to read it, While biting my nails not wanting to read it.. LOL."

Yeah I totally get what you are saying.. This book...so many different emotions !! LOL. Hope you will love it too hon ;) xoxo

Wendy Bookreader87(Amanda) wrote: "Great review. I really liked Let Love Live. I may give this one a shot."

I really enjoyed it, though I was also pretty frustrated LOL... If you do, I hope you'll love it. Thanks sweets ;) xoxo

Wendy Judith wrote: "Terrific review,sweetheart x"

Thanks so much babe ;) xoxo

Nazanin Amazing review, babe! Glad it was an enjoyable read for you! xoxo

message 18: by Karla (new)

Karla Awesome review, hon! xoxo

Wendy Nazanin wrote: "Amazing review, babe! Glad it was an enjoyable read for you! xoxo"

Thanks so much lovely ;) xoxo

Wendy Karla wrote: "Awesome review, hon! xoxo"

Thanks sweets ;) xoxo