Melanie's Reviews > The Last Stand of the New York Institute

The Last Stand of the New York Institute by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: angels, demons, fantasy, lgbtqiap, paranormal, young-adult, vampires, shifters, novellas-and-short-stories

“It was one of the few things he had to believe in, the possibility of beauty when faced with the reality of so much ugliness.”

The start of this novel and the homophobia really surprised me. I actually loved how Cassie Clare blatantly brought it up, rather than using metaphors with the oppression of the Downworlders, even though it hurt to see. But this short story also made me fall even more in love with Catarina, who is working at an HIV clinic because even people in the medical field can hold hateful prejudices. But the middle of this story, we got to see the behind the scenes start of Valentine and his (mostly) brainwashed circle. But the end of this story was the shining light! Seeing Tessa accept Clary with literal open arms made me tear up. Seeing her talk about her loves, her losses, and giving Jocelyn’s child a new start was really beautiful and made me very emotional. I loved this one, friends.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch

(I read this in The Bane Chronicles!) ✨

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Stand of the New York Institute.

Finished Reading
October 15, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 15, 2018 – Shelved as: vampires
October 15, 2018 – Shelved as: shifters
October 15, 2018 – Shelved as: novellas-and-short-stories

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie <3

Melanie Melanie wrote: "<3"

💛xx