Natasha's Reviews > The Paladin

The Paladin by Ken Newman

Jan 04, 2012

liked it
Read from February 13 to March 04, 2012

When I was sent a review copy from the author, I was thrilled to read something so full of adventure and originality. Who doesn't want to live the life of their favorite heroine from a novel?
I knew I was going to like it from the first chapter. The characters were fun and very well written. I think the only thing that bugged me was what one character would say particularly. Larry as an adult calling Harry/Maggie baby girl. He called her girl quite frequently, which was a bit annoying, but I could deal with that.. I just didn't enjoy the baby girl talk. *shrugs* It just didn't flow with how I saw his character, but that's just my opinion. That being said, that didn't take away from how much I enjoyed this read and the over all flow of the story.

It wasn't a book that I'd normally pick up. It was somewhere up my alley though, so I'm glad to have had the chance to read this fun read.
I especially liked that the author had a knack of making it a real adventure. There's were death's and a few loose ends which makes me believe there will be more Maggie to come.

I read somewhere that this would make a great graphic novel and I totally agree. I thought it almost immediately after starting the first few chapters. It's writing style and how he portrays the story makes you want to see it come to life. I'd love to see this go graphic.

All things said, this was a fun read. I'd rate it closer to 3 1/2 or 4 stars. It's a fresh new world that's fun to get lost in.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paladin.

03/01/2012 page 64
24.0% "I'm really liking it so far! It's different and original."