Liz Talley's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 04, 2012

Read from January 04 to 07, 2012

First, I don't really read a lot of paranormal books because it's not usually my cup of tea, BUT a few months ago while at Starbucks I struck up a conversation with a random stranger about books and when she started talking about this series, well, let's just say she's an uber fan. After a WHOLE hour of her talking about the books, the sexy fae and the tattoo she'd be getting of one of the fae, I felt like perhaps I should give the books a once over. Oh, and she raved about music that went with the books.

So, after receiving my kindle fire and perusing the deals, I saw the first book in the series priced at $2.99. Easy peasy to click buy and a week later, I have to say that I can see the reason why this woman was such a fan. The writing is good and the voice strong. I particularly like that I'm in the dark as much as Mac is. I relate to her fairly easily, and I like that the story is told in the past...with little breadcrumbs provided by the main character that tell me there is LOTS more to come. Talk about hooking me. Oh, and that Jehrico is fascinating...and yummy. Let's just say I paid a bit more for the second one.

Kudos to Moning for a good read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.