Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)'s Reviews > To Obama: With Love, Joy, Anger, and Hope

To Obama by Jeanne Marie Laskas

20571769

bookshelves: 2018-read, arc, fwrecommendation, non-fiction

Also Posted on For The Love of Fictional Worlds

Disclaimer: An ARC was provided via Bloomsbury India in exchanage for an honest review. The Thoughts, opinions & feelings expressed in the review are therefore, my own.

I rarely read non fiction books – but when Bloomsbury introduced this book about Letters written to Mr. Barack Obama during his two terms of Presidency.

Spanning a decade, it was eye opening and definitely nostalgic to see Public’s reaction to a President they didn’t expect to love to a President they came to respect and admire – but most of all miss when the current President was announced.

This is a book about Mr. Obama’s policy to reply to 10 letters each day – a policy that I came to see not only affected his own policy and decisions but also see how this wonderful man loved his country and all the people in it. He treated even the worst of criticism with politeness and at times also use that criticism to find a way to better the condition for his country and its people.

In the current tremulous times, when all you see is hate, fear and discrimination under a President of a country whose is slowly but surely destroying the world’s faith in humanity – this book is a ray of hope – hope that one day things might get better, that humanity will rise above hate, fear and discrimination.

From the time he took oath to lead the most powerful country in this world till the time he was faced with the decision to transfer those reigns to a man who is misogynistic, filled with hate for things he doesn’t understand, to protecting only what he understands, who holds hate and fear above the heads of everyone else – this man handled every decision with poise and grace that makes me, a non – American, that he was back in the office.

I have laughed, cried and sympathized with each of the letters, for their problems are what each one of us face in our own country – To Obama is a book I would recommend to any and all, for it is a look at an administration that was kind, loyal and definitely more humane than the current administration.

For more reviews visit For The Love of Fictional Worlds :)
Do come join us at For The Fictional Worlds Facebook Page
| Twitter | Instagram  | Goodreads  | Amazon |

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Obama.

October 13, 2018 – Shelved