Morgan Bradham's Reviews > Real Magic: Ancient Wisdom, Modern Science, and a Guide to the Secret Power of the Universe

Real Magic by Dean Radin

bookshelves: spirituality, psychology-all, philosophy, mysticism-and-psychonautics

Radin analyzes magical practice and magical belief through the lens of scientific method and by means of the "holes" in our modern, societal level of scientific literacy. But Radin's argument is not a statement about what science has not yet proven to be nonsensical; his argument is, in fact, in favor of what he calls "real magic", a catch-all term for multidimensional realities and laws whose existence has already been shown to be scientifically legitimate, such as can be seen in our confirmation that the conscience survives "death", the human mind can communicate telepathically, intent and prayer can alter physical realities like material objects or events, and time and physical distance are illusions that can be traversed with mind-power alone, without the aid of technology. The "holes" in our scientific literacy need to be explored, tested, and understood (obviously). But how are we supposed to seriously study these information gaps with our culture's preconceived ideas about God, the supernatural, and magic, especially those ideas that seem to paralyze the general population with fear and skepticism? How can we study these phenomenon when much of the scientific community still scoffs, who seem sure these hidden dimensions do not exist, even when evidence and experimentation say otherwise? Radin calls for a new breed of scientist: one that will remember that chemistry is our modern evolution out of alchemy, just as the science of consciousness will become, he suggests, the upgraded edition of "real magic". I recommend Real Magic equally to scientists, religious practitioners, and spiritualists. This is a great place to start learning if you're fascinated with this new science of consciousness.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Magic.

October 13, 2018 – Started Reading