Glenda's Reviews > Stellar Wind: 2012

Stellar Wind by Catherine Barber

Jan 04, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: kindle, books-read-in-2012

In this story you will learn about the Sacred Tree, Mayan prophecies, a real life soul-snatching table that is housed in a missionary church in the Andes Mountains and an old sailor yarn that began in 1712. John Henry must fulfill his mission to save our dying era of Man before the stars align on December 21, 2012. He receives vital help from many people, a seven-foot tall angel who fills John with extraordinary gifts, a young angel with keys to save Humanity from annihilation, Mayan King Pacal Votan, clever mermaids, Indigo Children, Cherubims and a sassy pirate queen. Will John Henry complete his quest before it is too late?
Most of the book is dark and foreboding, but the ending was perfect and I loved it. Leaves you with a feeling of hope. I loved John Henry and the fact that he was allowed to take a few "time outs" to experience love to buoy him up on his quest, so he would have the fond memories and love for others to have the strength to carry on.
There are a lot of characters and the story seems to go off on little side stories, but it always came back and tied to the main story, while adding interesting characters and side angles to consider. I never really lost interest in any of the stories.
I learned a lot more about the Mayan prophecies. And while I know this is a fantasy...... it makes me curious to see what, if anything will happen on December 21, 2012. This was a religious story of sorts, and I enjoyed that aspect of it. I really loved the "goodness" of the people who helped John Henry in his quest. I also loved that his family didn't forget him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stellar Wind.

January 4, 2012 – Shelved