A's Reviews > Fireworks

Fireworks by Sarina Bowen

bookshelves: sarina-bowen, true-north, contemporary, arc

I did not expect to enjoy this story as much as I did :) what a wonderful book :) full review in a few days when I will have a moment to gather all my thoughts ;)

edited to add my full review :)

I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) this contemporary romance is the sixth installment in the absolutely fantastic True north series, but worry not if you are not caught up on the previous ones or you don't remember every little detail, because this one, just like the others, works perfectly well as a standalone :) yes, the previous couples make appearances here, and most of the main characters are somehow connected, cause they are either friends or family members, but with each novel you get enough informations to enjoy it so feel free to pick up the one that interests you the most if you don't want to read them in order :) ok, now that we have this little explanation out of the way, let me tell you a bit more what this particular story is all about :)

So let's start with our main couple :) Benito is... I wanna say sort of a detective... ;) he definitely works with the police ;) currently he's working on a big drug-related case... which gets complicated when Skye comes back to town... Skye, who was his best friend when they were in high school... whose half-sister may be connected to his case... who disappeared without a goodbye twelve years ago... yeah... talk about things being complicated... ;) she's back in town at the request of the half-sister I mentioned earlier, who's in a complicated situation and asks for her help... I don't want to give you too many details about all that, cause it's better if you discover them while reading the book :) they definitely have some unresolved issues between each other, so you can add all that to the already tense and complicated situation... but Sarina handles all that absolutely amazing :) so let me just quickly jump into all the praises I have about this novel :)

It was another easily given 5 stars for Sarina's book :) I adore her writing style, even when she decides to go with a trope or character trait I am not the biggest fan of... this particular story is the best example :) Benito and Skye have a history between them and I usually don't like those types of stories, but in this case Sarina really made it work and it didn't annoy me at all :) plus, there were all sorts of flashbacks throughout the whole book that showed us how the year that Skye spent in Vermont living next to Benito went on and what exactly happened... not to mention all of the things that were happening at the present with all the chemistry and instant pull we had between them ;) add to that quite a few obstacles with the investigation and, well... things I can't mention right now because they would be too spoilerific ;) and we have a perfect mix of a book that will keep you turning page after page because you will be curious how everything will end :) another thing that I usually have a problem with: how quickly they actually got together... I prefer my romances a bit more on the slow burn side, and yet in this case it didn't bother me how fast things escalated between them... mostly, because they weren't completely new to each other and actually there was a lot of trust between them... since Benito was introduced a couple of books back, I absolutely adored him and was super excited to get to know more about him and see him as the main character of a story :) Skye was a new character, but I instantly liked her a lot :) is she perfect? definitely not, but she's very relatable :) the banter she has going on with Benito... all of their interactions really, are just so adorable :) my heart was breaking for them during those flashbacks, because I knew that we weren't heading for a happy ending then... fortunately, it all works out beautifully in the present, so no worries ;) obviously, I can't get into more details how everything will turn out, but rest assured, you will be satisfied :) I definitely was ;) I finished this book with the biggest smile on my face and I'm definitely hoping that Sarina will have another installment, or even a few more, for us in the future... because apparently I can't get enough of those characters and the place she created for us in Vermont :) I highly encourage you guys to give this book, this series, and this author in general a try :) and once you will fall in love with her stories, you can thank me ;) I promise, I won't gloat about it ;)

XOXO

A

for more book-ish stuff visit:
my blog -> https://bookworm8619.blogspot.com/
my facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/bookworm8619/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fireworks.

October 13, 2018 – Shelved
October 13, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 3, 2018 – Started Reading
November 4, 2018 –
10.0% "There's a reason why I adore Sarina's writing style so much :)"
November 4, 2018 –
November 5, 2018 –
November 7, 2018 – Finished Reading
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: sarina-bowen
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: true-north
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
November 8, 2018 – Shelved as: arc

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Excellent review!💖😉

message 2: by A (new) - rated it 5 stars

A Kat wrote: "Excellent review!💖😉"