Margaret's Reviews > Code Blue

Code Blue by Richard L. Mabry

2043205
Jan 04, 2012

Code Blue was a pleasant surprise. When Dr. Cathy Sewell returns to her hometown, she faces many challenges, including the shadow of her father's betrayal. But she soon finds out that not everything is what it seems. The author takes you on a trail that has some twists and turns but the surprise ending will really get you!

I thought the book was well written. There was romance, thriller and mystery all wrapped up in one. It starts off a little slow but really draws you in as you get further into the book. I think the character of Dr. Cathy Sewell is believable. The author does an excellent job of sharing her emotions and allowing you to see inside her character.

What I learned most from this book is that the journey to faith is not easy for anyone, no even doctors who seem to have to "play God" sometimes. Past challenges and hurts can serve to keep us from our destiny but if we trust in God, He will bring us through. Dr. Sewell's reconnection with her faith, was real. She went through many emotions that some of us can relate to as we are making our own journeys. I appreciate the way the author handled this topic.

Overall this was an excellent read, not only for the Christian reader, but for anyone who love a good thriller with a touch of romance thrown in!

This book was from my personal collection and opinions expressed are completely my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Code Blue.