Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥ 's Reviews > How to Dance with a Duke

How to Dance with a Duke by Manda Collins

Jan 04, 2012

bookshelves: arc, historical

You can find the entire review at Forever Book Lover.

The story line intrigued me, it had a unique blend of historical fiction, romance and mystery. Manda Collins, is an amazing story teller, “How to Dance with a Duke” pulled me in from the very beginning and I was hooked all the way to the last page.

Her writing in some ways reminded me of Julia Quinn, more for her quick oneliners. I found myself chuckling out loud. I enjoyed the way her writing amused me all the way through, and the same time she was able to spin a mystery which kept me guessing . I thought I knew who was behind it and she proved me wrong. It was thrilling to see everything unfold and surprised me to find out who the “villain” was.

Although there were chuckles along the way, I did tear up a few times, my heart broke for... for the rest of the review

This is a must have, must buy book!! Manda Collins has debuted a wonderful book filled with mystery and romance and if this is just her debut we are in for many great books to come!! I am anticipating the next release in this trilogy, "How To Romance A Rake."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Dance with a Duke.

January 4, 2012 – Started Reading
January 4, 2012 – Shelved
January 4, 2012 –
January 6, 2012 –
January 7, 2012 –
60.0% "I love her writing style. If you like Julia Quinn's humor and engaging dialogue you will love this!"
January 9, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 29, 2012 – Shelved as: arc
January 29, 2012 – Shelved as: historical

message 1: by Karla (new) - added it

Karla Great review Kat! I'm going to check this one out!