E.'s Reviews > Love and Lint Rollers

Love and Lint Rollers by Kaje Harper

bookshelves: animal-story, contemporary, m-m, romance

“Love and Lint Rollers” by Kaje Harper is an adult contemporary m/m romance that features Thom Fletcher, whose fortuitous encounter with veterinarian Dean Edwards results in…a new houseguest. Each man has a painful past that threatens to prevent him from forming a lasting relationship and will have to decide whether to fight for happiness.

I love that this author's characters are so real, with their attendant challenges and sometimes imperfect solutions. Having been temporary house-slave to a household of 10 cats, I was entertained to read about Thom's routine which evokes memories of being “trained” by the felines and their preferences. The challenges of dealing with a medical condition that controls one’s choices are sensitively described and I couldn’t help but ache for Thom even as I regretted how much that makes him prickly and pessimistic about the chances for a permanent romantic relationship.

The challenges that Dean faces as he reveals his life choices were surprising and enlightening to me as I hadn’t really considered how bisexual folks are judged and sometimes criticized by folks who really should mind their own business. There are some elements of this story that were a little sticky for me, but I think they reflect that folks have blind spots and are imperfect. As always, the theme of “love me for who I am” is artfully depicted and as usual with this author, I consumed the story in one delightful gulp.

A copy of this story was provided to me for review

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love and Lint Rollers.

Finished Reading