Brenda's Reviews > Two Heartbeats

Two Heartbeats by Rhonda  Forrest

4.5s

Desperate for a fresh start, Jess was more than happy when she was successful in her job application. Working for mining company Seelo in the small fly-in, fly-out community in the dusty outback Queensland town, she soon settled in and made friends with the group of people who were living in the isolated caravan park where Jess had chosen as her home. The only bane in her existence was her boss, Daniel – they clashed at every turn and while Jess tried to control her flash-point temper, it wasn’t always easy.

Jess’ constant worry about Johnno, her only friend from her old life, niggled her. She knew she shouldn’t send him money whenever he asked – but that was the way it had always been. But her life in the outback mining job kept her busy and she loved the isolation, the raw countryside and the people she looked on as family. But would that change? Good things never lasted – did they?

Two Heartbeats by Aussie author Rhonda Forrest (aka Lea Davey) is a story of second chances; of hope; sadness; love and trust. Set in the vast and drought-ridden Australian outback with nothing but dust, flies and heat for company, Two Heartbeats is another emotional novel from an author I thoroughly enjoy. Highly recommended.

With thanks to the author for my digital ARC to read in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Two Heartbeats.

October 11, 2018 – Shelved
December 9, 2018 – Shelved as: 5000-books
December 9, 2018 – Shelved as: own-read
December 9, 2018 – Shelved as: read-on-kindle
December 9, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Dale (new)

Dale Harcombe Great review, Brenda. Stunning cover on this one.

message 2: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Forrest Thanks Brenda for your lovely review and excited that you have enjoyed all three of my books.

Brenda Dale wrote: "Great review, Brenda. Stunning cover on this one."

Thanks Dale - yes I agree, love the cover!

Brenda Rhonda wrote: "Thanks Brenda for your lovely review and excited that you have enjoyed all three of my books."

That I have Rhonda :)