Melissa's Reviews > The Lost Girls of Paris

The Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff

After reading and enjoying Pam Jenoff's previous two novels, I was excited to dig into this one. Pam has once again delivered a captivating story about World War II.

At the same time I was reading The Lost Girls of Paris, I also happened to be reading The Alice Network. While one was about spies and the other about saboteurs and they took place during two different wars (for the most part), they balanced each other out well. Funny enough, both novels mentioned Baudelaire's Fleurs du Mal. I learned some new things about World War II from this novel.

I liked the voices of the three women, but felt like Eleanor's narrative took a while to get into. Once the story took off, it was worthwhile. It was to get a grasp of her age though, but I guessed early forties. I also liked how Grace got caught up in the mystery of what happened to all the women.

The situation that Marie was in was scary and I couldn't even imagine taking such risks. Some things that happened throughout the story surprised me, as I didn't see them coming. I kept turning the pages, wanting to know what would happen next. While the ending felt a bit anticlimactic after everything that went on, I was also satisfied by how much information was given.

I recommend adding this novel to your TBR when it publishes in early 2019.

Movie casting suggestions:
Marie: Wallis Day
Grace: Allison Miller
Eleanor: Keeley Hawes
Mark: James Wolk
Vesper: Alex Pettyfer

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Girls of Paris.

September 27, 2018 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
September 27, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Started Reading
October 11, 2018 – Shelved
October 15, 2018 –
October 17, 2018 –
October 18, 2018 –
October 21, 2018 –
October 22, 2018 –
October 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Lloyd (new)

Lloyd Russell Very excited! But I don't think I know about Jenoff's 1st novel. Also very good?

message 2: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Lloyd wrote: "Very excited! But I don't think I know about Jenoff's 1st novel. Also very good?"

I haven't read all her novels yet. The first one I read of hers was Last Summer at Chelsea Beach. It was good, as well.