Nea Barabea's Reviews > Pure

Pure by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: all-time-favourites, favourites-2012, boys-i-wish-were-real

Aww <3

OH MY GODS. THIS was PURE AWESOMENESS.

I loved Half-blood, but seriously? There's really no comparison. I thought Half-blood was so so good, but Pure put the story into a completely another level. Pure is made of pure awesomeness. It's made of magic.

The story is amazing. Sometimes it's heart-breaking. Lots of times it's hilarious. But most of all there is action. Real action! And I love it. Because you feel so so nervous and scared for Alex and you have this crazy wish you could jump in the book and fight on her side :)

Alex. I can't believe how much she has grown up as a character! She's even more incredible than before. And I love her new philosophy - No being stupid or irresponsible, but just irrational - I love it!! I couldn't agree more with Seth when he said “You’re a bit crazy. You throw apples in people’s faces when you’re angry. You go off half-cocked half the time. It entertains me to no end. So if you are irrational, I hope you stay that way. I love it.”

The Boys.
Aiden. Ahh Aiden ♥. He is adorable. Ok, they have some fights with Alex, but when don't they? He's nice and sweet and supportive. At some point I was hopping he would explain a bit better the complications within their relationship.. but well, it's Aiden we are talking about. He doesn't talk that much anyway. I still like him.

Seth. Oh my God, Seth ♥. He was intriguing before, but this? Hehe, he is just awesome. I love him! He is crazy. He is funny. He is so completely different from others. And in this book we actually see how much he cares for Alex. And I love that! Because behind that nice smile there is a person with lots of thoughts and feelings. I love that in this book we get to know Seth better. And I really enjoyed reading about him.

Overall, this book is amazing and I can honestly say that it's one of the best books ever written. Jennifer did an awesome job with it. I can't wait for Deity! In my opinion, I think it will be fabulous! ♥

So, if you've been living under a rock and you don't know yet about the Covenant serie, I highly recommend it to you! There is action, there is romance, there is friendship, and there is excitement! ;)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pure.

Quotes Nea Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Ever since I’ve met you, I’ve wanted to break every rule.” Aiden turned away, the muscles in his neck tensing. He sighed. “You’ll become the centre of someone’s world one day. And he’ll be the luckiest son of a bitch on this earth.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You know what?” His breath was warm against my cheek. “There are a lot of stupid things to do, but I really want to do the stupidest thing possible.”

“What’s that?”

“I want to kiss you.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I guess there were two types of people in the world, those who sat around a fire, staring into the flames, and those who started the fire.
Seth and I started the fire, and then we danced around it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Aw, did you just fall?"
"No." I rolled onto my back, wincing. "I attacked the floor.”

January 3, 2012 – Shelved
page 202
page 212
64.44% "WOW."
page 222
67.48% "OMG OMG, Oh My Gods. This is so cool!!"
page 244
page 245
March 20, 2012 – Finished Reading
March 23, 2012 – Shelved as: all-time-favourites
June 5, 2012 – Shelved as: favourites-2012
October 15, 2012 – Shelved as: boys-i-wish-were-real

message 1: by nick (new) - added it

nick Bought this one from Amazon too :)
Excited to read it, but have to finish the book I'm supposed to review for a blog tour tomorrow first -_-
Can't believe I waited until the last minute to read it!

message 2: by Nea (new) - rated it 5 stars