Jason Duby's Reviews > The Forgotten Painting

The Forgotten Painting by Gabriel Farago

M 50x66

The Forgotten Painting is a novella written by Gabriel Farago as a bit of introduction to his three longer works. It IS a complete, if shorter, work on its own that features many of the characters that can be encountered in his works. The idea, as revealed in the Author’s Notes, was to give people a taste of what his other works are like. However, it is an entertaining story on its own and should not be discounted.

I haven’t read any of Mr. Farago’s other works, but I found this story about the intrigues around the recovery of an unknown work by Monet had a similar feel to novels by Dan Brown. I found elements of adventure, history, suspense, intrigue and more. Even though this piece is a novella, there’s a lot that goes on and it does require a measure of focus reading through it. I could see some people seeing the story as rough in places, and perhaps a bit jumpy. But due to the constraints placed upon its creation, I can’t blame the author heavily.

Perhaps some other readers might find this work a little dry as well, though I thought it was written with craft and style. I will say that The Forgotten Painting succeeded in its goal of whetting my interest in the other related titles. I would also recommend this short piece for anyone looking for a taste of adventure in his or her reading.

(I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from Romance Authors That Rock. All thoughts and opinions are my own.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Painting.

October 10, 2018 – Started Reading