InkFire's Reviews > Heartstone

Heartstone by Elle Katharine White

bookshelves: fantasy, romance, favorites
Read 4 times. Last read January 10, 2020 to January 15, 2020.

5 stars again, and this time I had a greater appreciation of both the pacing and the alterations to the original PP characters. This is definitely one of my top 5 favorite books EVER, and I'm looking forward very much to reading the sequel.

One of the scenes I disliked the first time around was when the two girls were convincing their father to let them go with the Riders to the North Fields Lodge. I felt he had given in too quickly, but in perspective with the pacing, the scene was just long enough to communicate that they disagreed and that he was worried without stretching it out too far. Top notch. I hope I can write this well some day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heartstone.

October 10, 2018 – Shelved
October 10, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 20, 2018 – Started Reading
October 20, 2018 – Shelved as: fantasy
October 20, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
October 21, 2018 –
15.0% "Love love LOVING this book! The characters, the dialogue, the worldbuilding!!! <3 So happy. So very happy."
October 21, 2018 –
26.0% "Character interaction are genius, and the pacing is very good. I'm enthralled."
October 24, 2018 –
61.0% "*flail flail flail squirm* OMIGOSH HE'S PROPOSING!!! And he's doing is All Wrong! XD
"If you're going to turn me down so casually, I at least have the right to know why."
"Because I don't want to marry you."
"...why not?"