Jo Macek's Reviews > Amethyst

Amethyst by Emily Mims

U 50x66

Read 2 times. Last read September 30, 2018 to October 3, 2018.

Can two different people with different goals and different needs find, and keep, love? Absolutely! Emily Mims in Amethyst, book nine of her The Smoky Blues series, tackles that question. Not everything goes together as smoothly as peanut butter and jelly. Opposites like the positive and negative on a magnet, or a hunky macho ex-military guy and tall talented assertive woman surgeon, can and do repel each other. At first.

I’m not telling spoilers when I say that super sexy Deke Gregory is the one swept off his feet by the confident Dr. Taylor DeWitt. That’s Dr. DeWitt as she tells Deke during their first emotional run-in. And I’m not telling who gets them get together, but I will tell you that when these two opposites connect, their clothes come off faster than sparks fly. They are hot!

Into this intense mix add two careers, an ex-wife with a new family, two fist-fighting pre-teen boys, a wedding, and a passion to save lives. Wow!

But, it might be that passion that breaks them apart. Is love more important than saving lives? How long will Deke stay in second place to Taylor’s patients? Or can Taylor and Deke keep their love, their careers, their families? This is a bumpy ride through the Smoky Mountains (I love the backdrop here!)

Emily Mims writes a hot, page-turning, story about two committed people. This is the first book I read in Emily’s Smoky Blue series, but this won’t be the last. Happy reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amethyst.

Finished Reading