Christi Charles's Reviews > Read and Gone

Read and Gone by Allison Brook

This is the second installment in the Haunted Library Mystery series, and it didn't disappoint! I love Carrie and how relatable she is, she's a little vulnerable and a little snarky at the same time...I like that she's not perfect and doesn't try to be. Her relationship with the resident library ghost, Evelyn, is a fun touch to the story. Evelyn has become a part of Carrie's life, and she doesn't question Evelyn's appearances to her. For some reason, this helps me accept a ghost being a character in a story easier! The mystery itself was great, I had fun trying to decide who committed the murder. I also really enjoyed the appearance of Carrie's estranged father, Jim. Again, it was refreshing to have a character that wasn't perfect but was still really likeable. I hope he returns in future books! The story is set around Christmastime, which was a bonus with the descriptions of the chilly town and holiday parties. I can't wait for the next book in this series! It has quickly become one of those that I'll buy without even reading a description.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Read and Gone.

Finished Reading