Sarah's Reviews > It Started With Christmas

It Started With Christmas by Jenny  Hale

bookshelves: fiction

I don't think I've ever read a book set in Nashville so was very much looking forward to being transported to a new part of the world to me. It's hard not to fall in love with the idyllic setting of a cabin at winter time. I was very envious of Holly and her Nana getting to spend Christmas there, especially as it comes with an unexpected guest.

There are some wonderfully touching moments to do with Nana and her dear departed husband. I could feel my eyes filling up more than a few times and I reckon anyone with a relationship half as good as the one they had would still be something special. You can really feel how much he's missed by Nana and Holly and it really was endearing.

I like how you don't quite know how the story is going to go. Holly and Joseph you can feel a connection there right from the start but he is weeks away from getting married, then you have Rhett who obviously has feelings for Holly. It's very much a will she, won't she as to who Holly will end up with.

It Started With Christmas is an entertaining and festive read that might have you rethink your present giving this year. It's a wonderful and wholesome read that definitely leaves you with that warm tingly glow that you only ever get with this genre of book. Great read!

My thanks to Bookouture and NetGalley for an advanced readers copy of this book. All opinions are my own and not biased in anyway.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It Started With Christmas.

October 10, 2018 – Started Reading