Jordan's Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: contemporaries, tingly-romances, owned, 2013
Read on November 29, 2013

I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read, but that merely lended to the fleeting, whirlwind feeling the characters experience. It is, after all, set over the course of twenty-four hours.

I really appreciated the way Jennifer Smith made me care about the other stuff going on in the book besides the romance. In the past, especially when I was younger, I would get bored in spots that weren't meant to develop the romantic element of the story. Not only is this book evenly balanced,and maybe even favors the non-romantic plot, but I found myself very much enjoying Hadley's journey to accepting this new chapter in her life. I also was pleased that her negativity towards the whole situation didn't come across as whiny or petulant.

The relationship between Hadley and Oliver was as sweet as could be. Though I have my own theories on Love at First Sight, I'll take this book of a theory as something to hope for, if that makes any sense. If you like quick, easy reads that still leave a deep impact on you from what it tries to get across, then this is the one for you. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Jennifer Smith's other books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.

Quotes Jordan Liked

Jennifer E. Smith
“But though she’s told a longer version of the story a thousand times before to a thousand different people, she gets the feeling that Oliver might understand better than anyone else. It’s something about the way he’s looking at her, his eyes punching a neat little hole in her heart. She’s knows it’s not real: It’s the illusion of closeness, the false confidence of a hushed and darkened plane, but she doesn’t mind. For the moment, at least, it feels real.”
Jennifer E. Smith, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight