Jessica Sinn (Books and Trouble)'s Reviews > A Midwinter's Tail

A Midwinter's Tail by Bethany Blake

bookshelves: to-read

In a nutshell: In this fourth installment of the Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery series our leading lady Daphne Templeton is settling into her new life as a petsitter for the townsfolk of Sylvian Creek. Since moving into her cute little cottage on her sister’s farm, she’s stumbled upon quite a few dead bodies, which makes me wonder if perhaps she, like J.B. Fletcher and all the other lovely amateur sleuths in these picturesque small towns, is indeed a harbinger of death! Either way, Daphne is a delightful animal-rescuing lady who I adore, so let’s just ignore the possibility that she’s a jinx and move on. In this mystery, she takes an unwanted trip down memory lane when CeeCee French–a former high school mean girl–is found dead under the town Christmas tree. Things get stickier than a melted candy cane when Daphne’s BFF becomes the prime suspect! Will she find the killer before another unwanted present ends up under the tree? Will Daphne’s crush finally get over his issues and smooch her under the mistletoe? Will Socrates find love amidst all the murder and mayhem? You’ll have to read the book to find out!
Go to my blog for the full review: www.booksandtrouble.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Midwinter's Tail.

October 9, 2018 – Shelved