Ilovetoread2's Reviews > A Summer In Europe

Jan 03, 2012

it was ok
Read from January 03 to 08, 2012

Still reading
Page 142/143 made me sit up and say No! It was Archimedes and not Pythagoras who leapt up out of the bath tub and ran naked into the streets yelling "Eureka!
Otherwise I am enjoying the book so far but admit to a lot of skipping in order to get on with the story. A case of too much information and description for my taste.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Summer In Europe.

message 1: by Marilyn (new) - added it

Marilyn Brant Oh, no!!! You are absolutely right about Archimedes saying "Eureka" -- I can't believe we all missed that in the editing and copy editing stages! All the details that were checked and, yet, I still didn't get them all...sigh.

Thank you so much for pointing out this mistake. If there's ever a future edition of the book, I will make SURE that's corrected.

Best wishes,
Marilyn Brant

Ilovetoread2 Hi Marilyn
As a former proof reader for a membership type magazine, I know how easily something like this can happen and how annoying it can be.
I am still reading with interest waiting for the denouement. By the way, this is the first of your novels I have read. I found it on the "new books" shelf at my local library where we have an awesome librarian who looks after this section. I plan to try the others soon.
Sincerely Audrey

message 3: by Marilyn (new) - added it

Marilyn Brant I appreciate your being understanding about the error and recognizing the annoyance it can cause (I'm still so mad at myself for missing this!!), but I'm grateful to you for having pointed it out. When, invariably, someone with a more exacting memory than mine brings this up to me at a future book-club meeting, I can now say with a heavy sigh, "Oh, yes, page 142. Sorry. Audrey told me about THAT mistake months ago..." LOL. But, goodness, I hope there aren't any others in the novel to find!

Anyway, librarians are some of my favorite people in the world -- I worked at our public library for several years. Glad you have such a great hometown librarian and that my book made it onto the shelves there. Many thanks for taking a chance on an author who is new to you :).

All best,