Jéssica's Reviews > Aftereffects

Aftereffects by L.J. Greene

bookshelves: favorites, reviews

This is the first book I have read of L. J. Greene, and although it's the third in the series, I didn't feel that made any negative impact in my opinion and understanding of this book, in fact, it males me want to go read the other two books as soon as I can.

This was an emotional story. There are a lot of aspects I love in this book, and that in some ways I can relate. First let me tell you about the characters. I loved that the book had a dual point of view, I feel like that opened my understanding of the characters and made the story stronger, in this case, since it was a Friends to Lovers romantic plot.

Then there is that romantic plot aspect. Friends to Lovers is always something I find intriguing in a book. It makes me wonder because of some past experiences. And I could understand what they were feeling in the "taking a chance". I ended up not taking any chances at all, because I truly believed it was a one sided love. And since he didn't take a chance on me either... I may have done the right thing. But the wondering still goes through my mind sometimes. Anyway, I could connect with them because of that.

Then, of course, were the amazing way the characters were written in this story. They felt real. I felt empathy and seeing how their feeling develop and how their relationship progressed into meeting to friends to lovers was fantastic. Keir was charming, funny, determined, intelligent and sexy. Selena was an amazing female character since she was driven, funny, smart and strong. Of course, they felt real because not only could I see the qualities, I could see their faults, insecurities and demons, and that just made them two amazing characters.

Overall, I loved the book. It's a book I recommend to everyone, not only as an escape from real world, but also just to enjoy a good love story that touches hearts and make us wondering about our personal lives, because of the connection we may get and feel. And to me, seeing their love blossoming and their relationship making them be the support system they need to deal with all the demons and problems in their lives was perfect for the all storyline and felt real.

[I want to thank Giselle, at Xpresso Book Tours, and L. J. Greene for the eCopy of this book and for allowing me to join in the fun and by being a part of the blog tour with my honest review of the book.]
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftereffects.

August 31, 2018 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
August 31, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read (ebook Edition)
October 9, 2018 – Started Reading