Michelle's Reviews > Defiance

Defiance by Shelly Crane

6982054
Jan 03, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Wow, once again Ms. Crane has blown me away. I loved Defiance! Maggie and Caleb are an amazing pair, they complement each other nicely. I was amazed seeing Maggie step into the Visionary shoes, she was finally in her element. Caleb stepped up as well, making himself a force to be reckoned with. And of course there was still that tight knit family unit going on as well, they are just so awesome.

Defiance starts off at the end of Accordance. They are attending the reunification with the other clan's, with them all bowing to Maggie, much to her annoyance. We watch her struggle with the Ace's making them understand that she is just one of them not someone above them. She sets out to make some friends, and she does, which is good because she is going to need them being in the middle of a nest of Watson Vipers.

It doesn't take her long to realize that these people need change, their laws are filled with so many loop holes and stipulations that they are almost prisoners. Maggie and Caleb are caught in the middle with the laws they broke in Accordance. Maggie's needs to make changes, starting with the Council, especially with one member who seems to have it out for her.

Maggie has a vision of the Visionary previous to her. She learns a dark secret about the Visionary and her life, what the Council did or let happen out of fear. Maggie knows she has a hard fight ahead of her, but with Caleb by her side they will succeed. It is time for the Visionary to lead not be led.

The Watson's make their final attempt to get rid of her. Will she and Caleb survive or will the Watson's get the power they have been after for so long? Will she find a way to change her visions so Jen and Bish can be together? Will Maggie have the power to change these old coots? Guess you will have to read it to find out.

I loved this book, it was nice to see Maggie and Caleb again. This book will leave you frustrated, annoyed, broken hearted and happy, it is a true emotional roller coaster. I love how Ms. Crane doesn't do the whole girl meets boy, girl loses boy, girl gets boy back to maybe live happily ever after. I love how she can write 3, soon to be 4 books, and still have her characters together. Now this is a true Author! Someone who can tell a story filled with love from the beginning to end. I honestly can't wait for the next one (Independence), though I will hate to see the end of such an amazing series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defiance.