Lori Stevenson's Reviews > The Wiccaning: A Step-By-Step Guide to Becoming a Modern Witch

The Wiccaning by Sister Moon

did not like it
bookshelves: witch-wisdom

I have owned this book since I was a young teenager. I remember trying to start it and being put off by some of the information in it, which is a good part of the reason I started to study solitary witchcraft and to this day identify as a NON Wiccan witch. I understand that everyone from any “religion” has different beliefs, but I am extremely confused by a Wiccan who believes Jesus is the son of the goddess and god, that there is a heaven AND a hell (a very uncommon belief that seems to make no sense), Angels and Demons, and Satan. Witches and Wiccans, usually, do not believe in Heaven and hell, Angelic beings, and Satan. This book is very strict on “rules”. It even states that to properly become a solitary witch you have to be initiated by a coven. There are a lot of moments the writer pushes her own personal beliefs and then later states that Wiccans never push their beliefs on others. It also contains a lot of shockingly inaccurate information and advice on spells that is borderline offensive because of how inaccurate it is. Love spells are okay to do as long as the person isn’t married?No, no NO! Saying you can influence someone’s life without their permission in general is wildly inaccurate, and saying that you can do a love spell on someone who is in a relationship as long as they aren’t married is shockingly...well, it’s gross. The book just isn’t for me, and if you are a solitary witch or plan on practicing by yourself it won’t be the book for you, either. I encourage most to just not read this. It borders on being worthless.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wiccaning.

October 8, 2018 – Started Reading