Mary Drover's Reviews > Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games

Locke & Key, Vol. 2 by Joe Hill

bookshelves: horror, graphic-novels

The moment I finished this, I had this massively relieving feeling of yes thank god I already have the third volume at home. As you can see below, I haven’t read it yet, but just knowing that I have it and can grab it at a moment’s notice makes me happier because damn Joe Hill. DAMN GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ. Let’s be real, Rodriguez is the real reason I’m flailing here because holy jeez that artwork, but also, holy jeez this story. We all know I’m a Joe Hill fan, okay. I could wax poetic for a long time about how fantastic his books are. (The Fireman, Strange Weather, Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Welcome to Lovecraft) Alas, I started these book reviews after I read Horns and Heart-Shaped Box, and it looks like they’ve all received 4 stars (with the exception of Horns), and this is pretty amazing because I don’t read horror. At all. I’m terrified of Stephen King. (I’m trying to change that this year.) But something about Hill’s writing has sucked me in, and yeah, I’m gonna read everything he’s ever written. Also, again, GABRIEL RODRIGUEZ. GUYS.

This was a truly fantastic addition to an already spooky and excellent story. I enjoyed it thoroughly, and I’m so glad I’ve started out my year with a little of Hill & Rodriguez, especially because I’d like to finish up Locke & Key this year. If you’re a fan of horror or amazing art, give this a go.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locke & Key, Vol. 2.

October 8, 2018 – Shelved