Marissa Kasang's Reviews > McDowell

McDowell by William H. Coles

65420438

This book is written from the omnipresent third person's view which gave me the feeling of being introduced to each character and has made me preoccupied while reading this book, with the characters in living their respective lives.

There are two parts in this book: Part One and Part Two. Part One described more about Hiram McDowell whose profession is a surgeon, he is a world class mountain climber and a philanthropist (in a minuscule way) for the healthcare foundation in Nepal.

Part two is about the downfall of Hiram McDowell but his downfall serves as a stepping stone to his reformation, which detached him from his old point of views. This book got me on the edge of my seat as Coles unexpectedly woven an unexpectable twist.

I recommend this book to those who are looking for a unique and different storyline, and to those who are looking for a philosophical read although in a fictional way. If you are someone who is easily get offended with sensitive topics like sexism and racism, then it's best you skip this one.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read McDowell.

October 8, 2018 – Started Reading