Tari's Reviews > Wine and Punishment

Wine and Punishment by Sarah    Fox

This was seriously so good I could barely put it down. I did manage to squeeze in the time to read it all in one day. I really loved this first in a new series, and I'm already anxious to read the next book.

Sadie Coleman had moved to Shady Creek, VT after losing her job leaving a lying, dishonest ex-boyfriend behind. Eric was apparently so determined to win her back that he'd bought a ring and traveled from Boston to Shady Creek, but he ended up dead before he could do anything with that ring. Sadie was the person of interest even though she insisted she hadn't seen the man when he was in town, nor had she spoken to him in over four months.

The side story of Sadie's neighboring small business owner, Grayson Blake was interesting. He seemed to have a chip on his shoulder concerning her, but everyone else swore he was so nice and polite. It was a nice switch-up to have a female detective in charge of the case. She was by-the-book, but she was very fair and didn't jump to the conclusion of Sadie or anyone else being guilty until evidence pointed that way. Despite their initial differences, Grayson came in very handy towards the end, and it seems as though he and Sadie could be making amends and even becoming friendlier.

I really enjoyed the character of Aunt Gilda! Everyone needs an aunt like her. She was completely in favor of Sadie buying the old mill and leaving it as a pub (but adding books) even though Sadie's mom wasn't. Gilda offered her a place to stay a couple of times when someone was threatening Sadie. The showdown was pretty exciting and led to a fun ending. For drink and muffin fans, there are three drink recipes at the end and a recipe for carrot muffins.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher which in no way swayed how or if I would write a favorable review. My opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wine and Punishment.

October 8, 2018 – Shelved
December 17, 2018 – Started Reading
December 17, 2018 –
page 125
December 17, 2018 –
page 186
December 17, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Rebecca Great review!! I loved this one too!! Can’t wait for the next book!

Tari Rebecca wrote: "Great review!! I loved this one too!! Can’t wait for the next book!" Thanks, oh me too! I'm in a Facebook group this author and 11 other authors have, maybe she'll talk about the next book in there.