Rebekah Teller's Reviews > Blackest Knights

Blackest Knights by C.T. Phipps

bookshelves: favorites

Sometimes you need a reading palate cleanser, a book to reset your mind and ignite your enthusiasm once again. This anthology did that for me. Phipps has done a wonderful job compiling this collection. The theme works really well. The flow from one story to the next feels natural, with just enough variation to keep it interesting without feeling disjointed. It feels like a set of stories and not a random collection, each dark and entertaining, with a great variety in pacing and style. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are 19 stories from 15 different authors. Some humorous, some filled with tension, it's a perfect mixed bag of styles and approaches to the theme.

Some of the stories that stood out for me were: "Red" by ML Spencer, "The Structural Engineer" by Ulff Lehmann, "The King and the Witch" by Frank Martin, "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother" by Allan Batchelder, "Honor is Just a Word" by CT Phipps, and "The Land of Rott and Cur" by Jesse Teller.

I highly recommend this for any fans of dark fantasy who are interested in sampling the works of some of the best indie authors you'll find. I applaud Phipps and all the contributing authors for this excellent addition to the current selection of quality fantasy anthologies.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blackest Knights.

October 7, 2018 – Started Reading
October 7, 2018 – Shelved
October 7, 2018 –
October 9, 2018 –
October 14, 2018 –
October 14, 2018 –
October 15, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 18, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

C.T. Phipps "Honor is just a word" was a ghost story I had a lot of fun with, just because Jacob is dealing with such soap opera-level idiocy because of a Halloween tradition.

Rebekah Teller C.T. wrote: ""Honor is just a word" was a ghost story I had a lot of fun with, just because Jacob is dealing with such soap opera-level idiocy because of a Halloween tradition."

Well, it was a lot of fun! I truly enjoyed it. Thanks so much for putting this together. I had a difficult time selecting favorites. Every story appealed to me in one way or another.

message 3: by Dustin (new) - added it

Dustin Wonderful review, Rebekah!!