Gemma Thomson's Reviews > World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Official Strategy Guide

World of Warcraft by Ed Kern

2331913
Jan 03, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: borrowed, reference, games-non-fiction, fantasy, walkthroughs
Read on January 01, 2012

I breezed through most of this, mostly looking for that pitfall which must affect all MMO guides: seeing what features had been patched out. Luckily the game comes with quite a lot of lore, and it was fascinating reading through the racial histories and beastiary, which act as a summary for the lore I'd already pieced together in-game and in related fiction works.

For what it was, there's quite a wealth of information; no doubt those who bought it before launch were well-armed for the race to level 70. A lot of the quest information will still be relevant too, as save for a handful which involved Warchief Thrall, Outland has gone unchanged since "The Burning Crusade" 's last major patch. Personally though, I didn't enjoy its maps much, and I feel there could have been more of this, as well as perhaps a little more concept art to spice things up. There was also next to nothing written about the expansion's chief villains: Illidan, the Eredar and Sargeras.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read World of Warcraft.