Lainy's Reviews > Undead and Unwed

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

liked it
Recommended to Lainy by: a friend

Blurb from goodreads

MaryJanice Davidson's cult hit Undead and Unwed is a delightful mixture of Sex and the City and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Waking up in a tacky coffin, and wearing off-brand shoes, Betsy Taylor can't believe the horrible turn her life has taken–then she discovers she's a vampire. Soon, Betsy becomes a participant in a power struggle between the forces of darkness. With only her friend Jessica and the hunky vampire Sinclair to help her, this new "Queen of Vampires" will have a tough time getting her afterlife straight.

My Review

Betsy is a self involved, shoe loving, label queen and modern day working girl. Her life is rudely interrupted by becoming one of the undead. She wakes up in hideous clothes, shocking makeup and worst of all shoes with no well known label on them. As Betsy tries to peace together what happened to her and getting back her "life" we are introduced to her friends, family and league of undead character.

Betsy herself is quite funny, always sarcastic (sometimes it seems like every other sentence which does take away some of the humour) and not shy about saying how she feels. I am torn between really liking and wanting to slap her as she is amusing but also quite shallow. She also has quite a mouth on her and a good chunk on the book is filled with swearing (and quite a bit of sex too) so not for the easily offended.

It is very easy to read and quite an entertaining book, if your looking for a serious or a dark themed vampire book this isn't for you. It is very tongue in cheek, lots of naughtiness and bad language. I quite like it and have the next two ready to go. A good introduction so it is a 3/5 for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undead and Unwed.

January 3, 2012 – Started Reading