Michele Salls's Reviews > A Lord for the Lass

A Lord for the Lass by Amalie Howard

F 50x66

This is the second in the Tartans and Titans series and just as enjoyable as the first.

Lady Makenna has been accused of murder and she is on the run. She is unsure of who she can trust and has no money to help her go very far. She can only think of one place to go that may be safe, which is Lord Julien's home (who we have met in book #1). She knows that he is back in France and that there should be no one at his home.

What Lady Makenna doesn't realize is that Lord Julien has just returned to his home, bringing along his mother because he feels that she will become healthier being away from France. He will do anything to keep his mother healthy, happy and safe.

He is shocked upon the arrival of Lady Makenna, but he hasn't stopped thinking of her since their last encounter. Lady Makenna has also thought of Lord Julien, but is unsure if she can trust him due to the abuse that she has suffered for many years. She certainly doesn't want to have any harm come to him or his family or her own. She would rather stay on the run from those who are searching for her to bring her back to an even more abusive relationship than she had with her first husband or to be sentenced for murder.

I really enjoyed how the story played out, the different characters from the first and second book coming together. Lady Makenna finding out who can be trusted and who should not. Her family being stronger than one could imagine and the love that they have for her, weather she wishes it or not.

Of course there is so much more to this story, but I don't want to give anything away, but I highly recommend this book. I am looking forward to the next in the series!!

Thank you to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for the opportunity to read this advanced copy. All opinions are of my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lord for the Lass.

October 5, 2018 – Started Reading