Arthur Hall's Reviews > The Temporal Void

The Temporal Void by Peter F. Hamilton

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: audio-book, science-fiction, space, listened-to
Read from February 29 to March 09, 2012 — I own a copy

This has been a great series of books, but I'm beginning to feel they should be treated as a single book in three volumes. I think it would be difficult (it was for me) to read this one (Temporal Void) or The Evolutionary Void as a stand-alone work. In fact, I found the references to the previous series (The Commonwealth Series: Pandora's Star and Judas Unchained) in The Dreaming Void so intriguing that I stopped reading midway so I could read the Commonwealth books first.

That's not to say I consider any of that as bad; it's just my opinion in case anyone happens to be contemplating one of these works. Hamilton has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I'm going to be a bit sad to finish these two series; the characters and world have become very real to me and finishing will be like saying goodbye. I'm certain that I'll revisit these books again though, just as find myself returning to Sir Terry Pratchett's Discworld, Jim Butcher's Dresden Files, and the worlds characters of a few other great authors.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Temporal Void.