Dianne's Reviews > The Breach

The Breach by Patrick  Lee

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: galleys-arcs

Government secrets and conspiracies abound in this book by new author Patrick Lee. Ex-cop Travis Chase has only been out of prison for a year and is now living in Alaska. He now needs to makes some hard decisions. Will he go back and try to regain his old life with his family or stay in Alaska where nobody asks any questions... On this particular day Alex goes off into the wilderness to clear his head and to think about his future. While hiking he comes upon the wreckage of a large aircraft, decides to investigate and finds all the passenger, crew and the First Lady of the United States dead. The First Lady is clutching a hand written letter alluding to the fact that the plane was carrying something big and top secret and. now that item is missing. The letter also alludes to the group "Tangent"
Travis being the good ex-cop that he was tracks and finds the murderers along with Paige and Peter Campbell a father and daughter team who have been kept as sort of 'hostages". Travis watches silently while Paige is being horribly tortured while her father is forced to watch. At that minute Travis's fate is decided for him, as he decides to help these two people, and change his destiny...or does it? Little do we know at this point that Travis's life and his fate, his destiny has been determined for a very long time. While with Paige he learns of this phenomena called simply The Breach and the good and bad it can do for mankind.

.Tightly plotted with engaging and realistic characters for this specific genre. This is a fast paced, action filled sci/fi fantasy that can and will make you hair curl. There is enough tension and suspense for suspense lovers, enough of a mystery for mystery lovers, enough graphic violence and improbable circumstances for the horror fans and just enough fantasy blended to make this something very fresh. And just when you think you have the whole thing sorted out and the book is going to have pat ending, Mr. Lee throws in another monkey wrench and you have to read until the very last page to say - "okay I think I get it...or do I?"

It ends with a cliff hanger that I never saw coming.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Breach.