Jackie Miller's Reviews > Lifting the Wheel of Karma

Lifting the Wheel of Karma by Paul H. Magid

Jan 02, 2012

Read from January 02 to 04, 2012

I was taken along for the ride in this touching and inspiring story of a young man's journey to find answers. Sometimes the journey is the answer, and sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself.

The first time you see Joseph he is in the midst of a fantastical and terrifying dream. He's had them since he was a young child. I could feel his frustration and sadness at having to cope with these disturbing visions for most of his life. Joseph suffers a personal tragedy that further shakes his outlook on life. This prompts his journey to India to find a man that feels like his last hope.

I really loved the imagery throughout the novel. Especially when the scene shifts to India. I have always thought of India as being very exotic, and it was nice to have it brought to life in this book. Joseph's mentor, Lahiri, was a very colorful and intriguing character. Their student/mentor relationship is tried when Lahiri finally gives up all his secrets.

The blend of reality and the mystical will leave you guessing as to where the story will end up. A profound commentary about the differences between being alive and truly living.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lifting the Wheel of Karma.

01/04/2012 page 50