Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s Reviews > Paper Girl

Paper Girl by Cindy R. Wilson

bookshelves: to-read, young-adult, contemporary, mental-illness-other-triggers

"Paper Girl" is a YA novel that talks about a girl with social anxiety. As someone who experiences anxiety in social settings from time to time, I thought the author managed to craft a story with a character I can somewhat relate to. I enjoyed reading about the representation because the author doesn't shy away from portraying the difficulties of having and/or experiencing anxiety. I especially enjoyed the familial aspects in the story and how they helped the main character in times of difficulty.

I have to say that I wouldn't normally read books like "Paper Girl" because it can be triggering. However, I still gave this book a shot because the premise intrigued me. The fluffy romance aspect in this book didn't overshadow the main theme in the story. I like how the romance balances out the drama in the book. You can say this book is kind of a "slice of life" story where the main character both had positive and negative experiences (like in real life). This book just felt "real" in a good way.

Finally, while I did like this book, I just felt like I wanted something more from the story itself. Maybe, more from the plot. Even if this had been the case, I thought this was still such a good book. I'd recommend this title to those who are looking for books with good representation.

**Huge thanks to the publisher for providing access to this title in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paper Girl.

October 5, 2018 – Shelved
October 5, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 5, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
October 5, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary
October 5, 2018 – Shelved as: mental-illness-other-triggers
October 11, 2018 – Started Reading (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved as: mental-illness-o... (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved as: contemporary (Paperback Edition)
October 11, 2018 – Shelved as: arc-reviews (Paperback Edition)
Finished Reading (Paperback Edition)