Alleluialu's Reviews > A Wrinkle in Time

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

Jan 02, 2012

liked it

I read this book for some reading challenges I am participating in -- a science fiction challenge, a time travel challenge, and the reading the books featured on the TV show LOST challenge. There could be more that I'll use if for, but those are the main ones. I've wanted to read this book for a long time actually. I would see it in the library and wonder about it. Granted it is a young person's book, but it intrigued me. The main characters were 3 children -- each was special in their own way. Two of the children were brother and sister, Meg and Charles Wallace. Their Father was a scientist working for the government and had gone away while working on a project and hadn't been heard of for some time. Meg, Charles Wallace and their friend, Calvin meet and discover 3 beings: Mrs. Who, Mrs. Whatsit, and Mrs. Which who are going to help them get Father back. They tell the children Father has gone through a tesseract or a wrinkle in time to another place. This is a bit different take on time travel than books I have read before. Young people would like this book because it is full of strange creatures, strange planets and evil beings like IT that have to be challenged in order to get Father back. Even though it is a children's book, it wasn't written in a childish way, so I rather enjoyed it. I wouldn't say that I "loved it," but it kept my attention and I am glad I read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wrinkle in Time.

January 2, 2012 – Shelved