penny shima glanz's Reviews > Forest Bathing: How Trees Can Help You Find Health and Happiness

Forest Bathing by Qing Li

bookshelves: netgalley

I am excited to see science supporting the practice of shinrin-yoku (森林浴). I have always headed out to the woods to recharge and reset (and rest) and now I better understand why. In _Forest Bathing_, Li has written a helpful guide for those curious about how to practice and why. Included are the results (and general process) of multiple scientific studies. These investigated the effects forest bathing had on stress, sleep, mood, the immune system, and more.

This book offers practical advice for those beginning the practice of forest bathing. It also includes ideas on ways to extend the benefits indoors. The explanations of shinrin-yoku are straightforward, without jargon or buzzwords. You learn how the forest can help you reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure, reduce depression, improve sleep, and more.

While it focuses on the forests and trees of Japan, Li's book is a useful resource no matter where you live. The appendix features a map that highlights 40 beautiful forests throughout the world.

This is an essential handbook for those who want to understand and make shinrin-yoku a part of their life.

I received an eARC of this title from NetGalley in exchange for a review. The FTC wants you to know.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forest Bathing.