Lorre's Reviews > A Storm of Swords

A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

Jan 02, 2012

Read from January 03 to 15, 2012

I loved A Storm of Swords!
It is a huge book with it's 1000+ pages, but it never felt like the book was too long because there was so much happening and I just wanted to keep reading.

There are some many twists and turns in this book, some expected but others totally unexpected. I loved all the intrigue, betrayal, fighting that was going on.
All that struggle for power, plotting to take each others land, castle, title, wife or kingdom...

The characters are so well written that I really feel like I know them. I even sympathized with some of the more evil ones like Jaime and Tyrion cause when you see the story from their side you can see they're not all bad. All these different points of view from all these characters make it so much more interesting to read.

At one point in the book though, about halfway, I was completely in shock with how the story went. I never expected that 2 characters that I really loved would be killed. It's not something many authors do. When I finished that one chapter I put my kindle down for the evening cause I needed some time to adjust to the idea. But the next evening I was as eager as ever to read on cause this very unexpected twist in the story ment that it would be taking a whole other turn, one I didn't expect in a million years.

I really recommend this book, and the series up till now. I have 2 more books to read in this series and I really hope Mr Martin won't keep us waiting too long for the next ones. I'm off to start book 4!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Storm of Swords.

01/07/2012
27.0% "No luck for Arya... Will the poor girl ever make it back home"
01/07/2012
33.0% "Sansa is wed... The one she was forced to wed is not that bad, it certainly could've much, much worse."
01/07/2012
33.0% "Daenerys might be young but that was some plan! I knew she had a plan, she'd never part with one of her "children ""
01/11/2012
60.0% "I'm still in complete shock by the last 2 chapters I read last night! Damn you, Tywin Lannister and the Freys! How could George RR Martin do this!"
01/11/2012
63.0% "I wonder who Bran is going to meet behind the wall and what he'll teach him..."
01/12/2012
69.0% "Good luck, Sansa! I hope Littlefinger can be trusted this time..."
01/13/2012
81.0% "No luck for Tyrion.... Or will he find a way out of this..."
show 1 hidden update…

Chinmay I wouldn't necessarily call Tyrion "evil." And he was a POV character in first two books as well, so we have been seeing the story from his side. Agree on Jamie though.

Akina I love Jamie and Tyrion. It would be great if they would team up against Cercei. The brothers seem to have had a good relationship in the past but so far they have not had any contact. I think Jamie is on the brink of discovering Cercei's true nature. Will he turn to Brienne for comfort? Not that it matters. I love Brienne and Jamie as a couple so they will obviously be killed or tortured or separated in some way. Btw I am still mad at GM for killing Ned Stark. It was bad enough that Bran was crippled but Ned was the STAR. My HERO. Ok. I have to stop now. I'm getting too worked up.

Lorre Believe me, Melissa, you'll get mad at GM a couple of more times if you read all 5 books;

message 4: by Jonty (new)

Jonty Jaime isn't evil.