Kelly's Reviews > Slothilda: Living the Sloth Life

Slothilda by Dante Fabiero

bookshelves: comics, read-in-2018, reviewed

Celebrating the inner sloth in all of us!

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through NetGalley.)

Slothilda is an everywoman: She's addicted to her phone, laptop, and the internet. She naps hard and snacks harder. She loves carbs and is an A+ procrastinator. Her beautifully curvaceous behind is a mirror image of that of her dog, Peanut. (A corgi, natch!) And, oh yeah: Slothilda is a sloth. (fwiw I think she more closely resembles a hamster, but it's all good.)

With sections on fitness, food, work, money, home, lifestyle, and fur baby, Dante Fabiero pays homage to his inner sloth, and celebrates the sloth that lives in all of us. (I have to assume, if only for my own self-esteem.) Slothilda is a heroine that's both super-adorable and relatable AF.

I mean, I wasn't exactly shocked to discover how closely my diet and work habits parallel those of a sloth, but some of the strips are weirdly specific. (Hours spent hunting for a valid online coupon code to save a measly coupla bucks, hello!)

My only complaint is this: In the ARC, the captions appear as text separate from the illustrations, giving the comics an odd and disjointed feeling. I'm sure this will be corrected in the final version.

Oh, and Peanut should totes be renamed Cheddar. That is the only acceptable name for a corgi.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slothilda.

October 3, 2018 – Started Reading