Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > Chocolate a la Murder

Chocolate a la Murder by Kirsten Weiss

it was ok

description
This book was OK. I still really like Maddie, and her friends, and the mystery was enjoyable. However, I am SO over Mason and Belle being injected into every book. I hated that storyline from the beginning because it was too "romance" angsty, and honestly...Mason was/is a douche IMO. Although I am glad Maddie has a new love interest, Jason is about as exciting as milk toast and kind of an a$$hole. And don't get me started on Laurel. She is a complete caricature at this point and there is NO way someone that treats another human being as she does Maddie would ever be a detective on a police force. Her a$$ should have been canned AGES ago, and Jason defending her...NO. So obviously this was a mixed bag for me. I may give the next book a try, but I still undecided as of now.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate a la Murder.

October 3, 2018 – Shelved
October 3, 2018 – Shelved as: march-arcs-to-review
February 26, 2019 – Started Reading
March 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Great Review Eve :) Sorry it wasn’t better.

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Eyvette wrote: "Great Review Eve :) Sorry it wasn’t better.

BTW learned something....I had no idea what milk toast was. I had to look that up 😂😂"

HaHa!