Lacer's Reviews > Do You Dream of Terra-Two?

Do You Dream of Terra-Two? by Temi Oh

U 50x66

I joined Net Galley just for the chance to read this book early and when I got my hands on it, well, I’m not a very good Net Galley reviewer, as I started reading it in October and have only just finished it in February. The book has a really interesting premise, what if Britain had excelled at the space race, other countries too, so that by 2012, we were looking at the first manned missions to another habitable planet outside the solar system. Even with the advanced technology, it would still take twenty odd years to get there and then when you got there, you wouldn’t want the settlers to be too old, so they recruit teenagers but to get teenagers good enough to be astronauts, they will have had to have devoted their childhoods to it, in special schools. I liked the beginning bit, following the kids in the school, I found that the middle bit, once in space, dragged a little (which is why I stopped reading it for a while) but the ending was really good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do You Dream of Terra-Two?.

October 3, 2018 – Started Reading