Crystal's Reviews > Iced

Iced by Karen Marie Moning

Jan 02, 2012

bookshelves: 2016
Read from August 11 to 15, 2016

My notes while reading...
1. Really wish Dani was of age. Love this but the constant reminder of her age is killing the vibe. I didn't think I would like Dani, but I actually kinda love her and her voice.
2. Loving Dani's voice so much more than Macs. The Mega stuff does get old though, but I like how fearless she is.
3. Wish the chapters would indicate when a POV has changed.
4. I cannot believe how much I like Ryodan. Makes me wish Dani was older so the creepy vibe could go away.
5. I really hope Dancer is the love interest, but kinda also hope he stays her BFF. I like that she has one person looking out for her without an ulterior motive.
6. Christian started out as icky hot, then he just got icky, and then he got icky hot again. I am not sure what category to put him in yet.
7. At times this felt very triangleish like the V'lane-Mac_Barrons....Christian-Dani-Ryodan
8. Pet peeve--wish the author would stop updating her readers every other chapter. I only need a review once not constantly throughout. The story could have gone so much further if the constant reminders about Mac and other story related reminders would have been set aside.
9. Story slowed way down in the middle because of all the constant reminders.
10. While trying to figure out why Moning wrote Dani as fourteen and I think it's because Dani can do what an 18+ character can't. Dani stays strong and only focuses on saving her world. Yes guys are fighting over her, but she A doesn't care and B is oblivious to it because she's so young. She won't cave to their icky desires because she's underage and knows sex is off the table. Her focus is on being a superhero and friendship which I really like. Now if she succumbs in the next book I will be seriously ticked and will eat my words. Unless it is to Dancer and then all will be right with my world.

I can't believe I liked this as much as I did and yes I get that it's icky, but putting that part aside I liked the story, I loved Dani's voice, and I am definitely diving into the next installment soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iced.

08/11/2016 marked as: to-read
08/11/2016 marked as: currently-reading
08/15/2016 marked as: read

Alexa You added it! This is one of my most anticipated books this year. XD

message 2: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal LOL! I did :) I am hoping that when I finish the last 2 books I will want to continue on with the series and I wanted to add this one so I would remember it lol! I hope it is awesome!

Alexa I hope so too! And..I really hope you like the last two books! *crosses fingers*

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim What? Oct 2012? Hmpf.

Alexa @Kim: I know! But better than 2013. lol That's when I thought it would come out.

message 6: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Haha, I see your point, I feel better already :)

Alexa While we wait there's a graphic novel coming out in July. >:) Fever Moon: The Fear Dorcha

Melissa Cant wait for this...and the graphic novel!

message 9: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal This gives me time to catch up! Hopefully by October I will be ready lol.

@Melissa I take it you are a Fever lover too lol.

Melissa Oh Crystal, I am a HUGE Fever fan and Barrons lover!

message 11: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal LOL I am trying to get there Melissa, wish me luck!!

@Chanda I knew you would want these lol =D

message 12: by Amber (new) - added it

Amber I still need to read this one! Great review!